FAQS Are there warning signs in a relationship?
Are there warning signs in a relationship?
A relationship is not healthy when…
- Your value and your accomplishments are belittled;
- Your opinions count for nothing;
- You are called names that are embarrassing, hurtful and degrading;
- Your likes and dislikes are disregarded;
- You are intentionally kept away from family and friends;
- There is extreme possessiveness or jealousy;
- You are threatened;
- You, your family, your work, your church and your friends are disrespected;
- You are pushed, kicked or hurt;
- Your faith is ridiculed;
- Your every move is monitored;
- You are denied access to food, money or other family resources;
- You are blamed for all the problems.
Adapted from Refuge from Abuse