Faqs Title

FAQS What help is available for women victims?

What help is available for women victims?

Help is only a phone call away. When there is immediate danger, you can call 911. Click on the HELP NOW tab on our RAVE website and locate the nearest transition house or shelter to where you live. Even if you do not want to seek refuge there at this point, many shelters have outreach workers who are able to speak with you on the phone, offering options for you to think about in terms of safety for you and your children. An abused woman may also need police protection, counsel from a lawyer, support from a therapist, and advice from school officials about her children’s educational and emotional needs. Many women also experience spiritual needs at the time of crisis and may want to contact a pastor or other religious leader for assistance.